Roland RMP-5 Rhythm Coach

JBernie

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone own or ever use a Roland RMP-5 Rhythm Coach?

I do a lot of 2-3 night overnighters for work and these look like an interesting way to pass a couple of hours each night in my hotel room. I usually pass the time going down to the hotel bar drinking. This has to be a more productive (and healthy) way to pass the time.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
Somebody just sold one on here for cheap. I have one and it is great for hotels and on vacation. It's nice that it can use batteries so you don't need to carry a power cord around. I love mine. Here is the bottom line, it makes you a better player. Why would a drummer not want to be better. It will tell and show you how good or bad you are playing. It's cool .

Chonson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Own one. The crazy thing is, if I recall, it's got input jacks so you can run a pedal and a cymbal (may need a splitter) to it it you're so inclined. I used one as a micro-practice kit for a while when space and volume were critical.

I preferred it greatly to the Beatnik.

My biggest complaint was that the sounds were limited and the best sounding snare had a weird ring to it that drove me a little nutty if I was doing stick control with headphones.

If you're interested, I can look and see if I've got my stuff and we could work out a deal - I haven't needed mine for some time now. No worries it not!

tempobob

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a couple RM-2 units. I love them. The pad can separate from the brain for a better viewing angle. Great tools.

BTolan78

Reaction score
Chonson do you have a Roland. RMP-5 you don’t use? If so I would love to take it off your hands!

Stickclick

Reaction score
Take it to the hotel bar with you. Maybe they will even offer you a gig there, or give you free drinks or something.

Latest posts