Roland TD-10... Bass drum volume suddenly low

Dave

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. The volume on the Bass drum is suddenly way too low on every kit setting. I've tried plugging the snare connection into the bass pad, and I get a loud snare sound, so its not the pad. I've switched out cables. I've plugged the bass drum cable into other pads, and its low no matter which pad. (Yes, i've checked the volume setting)

Is there something in the setup that may have gotten messed up? I'm fairly new to E-Drums.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!!

Edit: I went into the settings, everything was at the same volume, so I turned everything way down except the kick. Not sure whats going on with this thing.

Dave

Reaction score
DrumKeys said:
Back up any kits you've saved and maybe try a factory reset?
Thanks for suggestion, might give that a try. Went into settings and turned everything but the bass drum way down. Bass drum is 100%, everything else 50%, cranked the master volume up. Seems to be a band aid, but concerned if the bass drum comes back...

stickinthemud

DFO Master
Reaction score
Try changing out the cable. Also, try running another pad through the kick input. If the volume remains low suspect a setting: sensitivity, threshold, etc.

After eliminating hardware as the cause, if a factory reset does not straighten it out, you may have a sick module.

JPP

Reaction score
In case it can help anyone finding this post years after like I did, I had the same issue on a TD-4 and fixed it by playing around with the pad settings.
For some reason switching the pad type from KD-8 to KD-120 helped a lot, but then even more, increasing the sensitivity from 8 to 25 was the big improvement.

Latest posts