header.nohb.html

Roland TD20 which drum amp?

Matt27

Reaction score
I just picked up a TD20 and want to buy an amp to play music through to play along to in my basement. I see there’s so many options for amps. What do you guys recommend

electrodrummer

Reaction score
This is asked many many times. Do a search for "amp" or "speaker" for all the previous answers.

If you need to "play along" to music, plug your music source into the audio input on the module.

---
Stock "what speaker" post ensues for your delectation:

--
• Home: headphones (or a PA if you *really* need speakers)
• Rehearsal: a PA
• Live: a PA

Minimum of 12" woofers, speakers on stands, tweeters at ear height. Test by playing Prodigy's Firestarter thru at full pelt. (as for make and model - that depends on your budget)

Avoid cheapo things with Bluetooth and don't be swayed by things advertised as "drum" amps as most are just overpriced active floor wedges/speakers with a badge stuck on.

Oh, and if you see something that says 2000W output - see what its power consumption is

A PA is the most flexible and can provide multiband EQ, FX etc. And somewhere for your band mates to plug in. And, depending where you live and your patience you don't have to spend much:

pa.png

Matt27

Reaction score
My apologies. I didn’t search through old post. I will do that. Thank you

electrodrummer

Reaction score
My apologies. I didn’t search through old post. I will do that. Thank you
No probs.

My response above still stands! Headphones or headphones! (or a PA).

and

"play long" music --> audio cable --> module --> headphones

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we get the amp question stickied? I see at least 4 questions on the current front page about what amps to use.