Roland V-Drums & UM-One MK2 Interface Question

ryevick

Reaction score
I'm just now getting back to attempting to record my TD-9 V-Drums. I've bought the Roland UM-One MK2 USB MIDI Interface, I have that running between my TD-9 module and my laptop. I have my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen also running into my laptop. I have my headphones connected to my 2i2 as usual but the volume when listening as I'm on a track in Studio One is very low. My 2i2 headphone level is at max. I can clip the track level to hear better but that's not the way to go... or is it? I've only spent a couple of minutes with this before I had to go but I'm using Steven Slate SSD5 for the drums, we are talking MIDI, so is volume during tracking even a concern? It could easily be changed later but if there is a right way to do this that I'm missing, I'd love to know what it is. Thanks!

electrodrummer

Reaction score
Easiest route

Record the MIDI using the module - cans into the module.
Tidy the MIDI
Bounce the MIDI to the module for module sounds / or to SSD5 etc, (pic shows using the module as an example)

This way also overcomes any latency issues when recording.

Stages 1-4.fw.png

ryevick

Reaction score
Easiest route

Record the MIDI using the module - cans into the module.
Tidy the MIDI
Bounce the MIDI to the module for module sounds / or to SSD5 etc, (pic shows using the module as an example)

This way also overcomes any latency issues when recording.

View attachment 451111
The 2i2 does not have MIDI and if I have my headphones listening to the module I won't be hearing what is being recorded via SSD5 in my DAW.