Roland volume issue

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am a novice with this system (TD17-kvx) and am having volume issues when I pair my pc to the system with bluetooth. The volume on the pc is barely loud enough through headphones and the volume of the kit swamps whatever I am trying to play along with. Any tips? Cannot figure this out. PC volume settings are maxed out.
Thanks

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Might be bluetooth settings. Try using direct cable into the module and see it that works better.

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Might be bluetooth settings. Try using direct cable into the module and see it that works better.
Already tried it, no success. Possibly a problem with downloading a proper Roland driver? Not sure.

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Contact Roland Zen desk
I sent another email to Roland. This is INFURIATING. I followed all their directions and neither the bluetooth nor the usb connected option works for s**t. Volume and sound (of sound files or youtube vids) suck. Volume almost non existent and sound is garbled like it's breaking up. Wish I knew this before pissing away all the money on an e-kit. I wanted one primarily to use quietly at home to play along with songs my band wants to learn and play along with our rehearsal recordings to work on tunes. Clearly that did not work out for me. Sucks so far. I've tried with a chrome book and a very new windows 10 PC. This should not be so f-ing hard to get working. Wish I kept the boxes. I would pack it up and send it back to Roland. I retired from a scientific position in charge of $20 million dollars of electron microscopes and very highly sophisticated equipment, so I can generally figure stuff out. As far as I'm concerned this Roland interface is poorly designed bulls**t. The manual is not much help so far either. I'm ranting after wasting yet more time today fighting to get this to work.

Skydog6653

Reaction score
Try process of elimination; use cables vs. wireless. Try getting the very simplest form up and working, then add other elements, one at a time.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would check if there's a separate bluetooth app running on the PC that may have its own volume setting. What cans are you running? Have you tried asking over at vdrums.com forums? Good luck with whatever you decide.

PS, borrowed from another site by Fabe777: "On the main drum kit page on the Td 17 theres a mixer levels button (F2) under the screen you can lower your incoming Bluetooth and song levels and guide tracks." Have you checked that?

Last edited:

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Try process of elimination; use cables vs. wireless. Try getting the very simplest form up and working, then add other elements, one at a time.
Thanks, I tried swapping different cables, shutting off/on blue tooth, and rebooting. The basic drum sounds and function on the unit work just fine. My frustration boiled over yesterday as you can probably tell from my post. Deep breath today and I'll continue to try what guys have suggested.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No, i just visited there. Up and running.

jazzerone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
At the risk of pissing you off with suggestions you may have already tried....

> Are you or have you tried adjusting the volume on the module through the Mix Volume function (p.5 in the manual)? ([DRUM KIT] button F2 --> (MIX VOL) button)

> Make sure you haven't accidentally set up your Bluetooth transmission as Bluetooth MIDI. (See note at bottom of p.5)

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
At the risk of pissing you off with suggestions you may have already tried....

> Are you or have you tried adjusting the volume on the module through the Mix Volume function (p.5 in the manual)? ([DRUM KIT] button F2 --> (MIX VOL) button)

> Make sure you haven't accidentally set up your Bluetooth transmission as Bluetooth MIDI. (See note at bottom of p.5)
Thanks. Yes I finally got Bluetooth to work on my PC, but not the usb. I can live with. I had multiple problems. I fiddled with volume settings, disconnected an extender cable for my headphones (wow, it really was screwing up my signal), and I noticed if I left the usb plugged into the unit it also fouled up the Bluetooth signal. Don't know why but at least I can now play along to music on my PC and Youtube and can hear the tunes AND the drums at better volumes. Thanks everyone for suggestions. I let the frustration of of it all get under my skin. A bad idea when one needs to figure something out........lesson learned; again.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool. Glad to hear you got some resolve. Btw, did you check your firmware if its current?

Latest posts