rose morris drumset

W&A Player

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rose Morris and John Grey drums were esentially the same. And, both of those brands had a lot in common with Premier/Olympic drums. There was a lot of incestuous drum making happening in England.

jonesy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Rose Morris and John Grey drums were esentially the same. And, both of those brands had a lot in common with Premier/Olympmic drums. There was a lot of incestuous drum making happening in England.
And don't forget Beverley! I assume that Premier made some of the fittings for the other companies but their shells, I think, were very different.

lazer

DFO Master
Reaction score
it would seem premier made much of the brit lugs and hardware of the 50's -60's - 70's

franke

DFO Star
Reaction score
Didn't R-M have a relationship with Ludwig at one point?

Rose-Morris was a music distributor who not only manufactured "house brands" but was (for a time) the UK distributor for Ludwig, as well as other US and Japanese brands

franke

DFO Star
Reaction score
Cool little kit.

By the was......weren't these Rose-Morris?

The only thing "rose" on CP's kit were the custom, rose-shaped, lugs. The kit was a one-off made by British Steel. The stainless steel shells were very thick (about 1/2 inch), and with the custom steel racks, riser (and not mention the 20x28" bass drum) they must've used a forklift to move it around. I understand that the hoops were Gretsch diecast as well. I think CP used a Ludwig SS back then.

megalouse1

Reaction score

ian-40

Reaction score
i had a Rose Morris Shell pack, sold it for very good money to a Scandanavian percussion museum. i'd grab those, being rare and in good condition

Nutbox

Reaction score
i had a Rose Morris Shell pack, sold it for very good money to a Scandanavian percussion museum. i'd grab those, being rare and in good condition
Ian, that's interesting! Do they have a website?

And as I know nothing about it I'll offer an opinion that those toms are supposed to be like that. There would be extra holes if not (maybe there are). The lugs on the second mounted tom, floor and bass appear to match and the smaller one is badged an' all.

lazer

DFO Master
Reaction score
the single point lugs on tom 1 seems more premier-ish and original to me

perhaps they all had the premier style lugs and were changed up

can;t make out the kik lugs

pet fever detector

Reaction score
i found these catalog scans after i saw these pop up. it looks like both lugs are legit.

if i wasn't on EI right now i'd probably buy them.