Rubber cymbal mount - Any sources???

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone have any of these, or know of a source for them?

I am looking for one for my vintage Sonor Teardrop kit. I found one on eBay in May and it apparently got lost on the way from Serbia and the guy does not have any more of them. Perhaps someone has an old cymbal tree full of them and is willing to part with one?
Thanks!
1594177831166.png

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I also had a lost shipment for the rubber mount I found on a English website. That was the only one they had in stock. Took quire a while to find it.

Some one mentioned that the standard cymbal display stand with arms had pretty much the same pieces, so maybe check if your local shop will part with one?

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I found a Stagg wall mount cymbal holder on Amazon that seems like it will work. I ordered it. Curious to see if it will work.

Here is the Model # for the one I found:
Stagg SLA-CYH25 Cymbal Stand

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it effectively does the same thing. The main difference is that these remain in the centre hole of your cymbal, rather than on your stand. I keep them in all of mine, making it easy to put them on stands wherever I play, without worrying about key holing or the dubious condition of the stands, washers and felts I have to use. Found this listing on Canadian Amazon, but my local drum shop carries them (in a variety of colours too). Not here to represent any company or product, but have found these to be both ingenious and inexpensive.

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it effectively does the same thing. The main difference is that these remain in the centre hole of your cymbal, rather than on your stand. I keep them in all of mine, making it easy to put them on stands wherever I play, without worrying about key holing or the dubious condition of the stands, washers and felts I have to use. Found this listing on Canadian Amazon, but my local drum shop carries them (in a variety of colours too). Not here to represent any company or product, but have found these to be both ingenious and inexpensive.

Thanks for the note. The Grombal is a nice tool to have. My issue is that the Sonor cymbal mount supports a 2' straight steel rod, no tilter. So, I am looking for something that would go on the end of the rod. It does not have a tilter or anything, as that was what they did originally apparently. Thanks for the idea though!

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
UPDATE: The one I ordered from Serbia in May just showed up. It was thought to be lost in transit. So, when the Stagg wal mount holder from Amazon shows up I will have two. So, I am in good shape with them. I really did not expect the one from Serbia to show up since it has been about 7 weeks since I ordered it. It will be interesting to see how the two compare in size and quality. I will post what I think of the two side by side. Hopefully, the Stagg will be a good alternative for those that need one.

APelletier has a couple in case you need some.

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
UPDATE #2: I finally got a rubber cymbal mount from overseas. In the meantime, I had ordered a Stagg Cymbal Wall Mount from Amazon.

The Stagg unit arrived today. It is probably fine for what it was designed for which is to hang a cymbal on the wall. However, for what I wanted it for I don't think it would be ideal. The profile is fatter and the "nipple" that the cymbal would slip over are both too large (IMO) for playing and would likely mute the cymbal a bit, I suspect.

I think APelletier can help if you need something like my original post.

Last edited:

Latest posts