Rubber replacement feet for thrones

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m putting my lightweight gigging pack together and fortunately I already have a lightweight throne (Gibraltar 5608) I can use and leave the heavy Tama First Chair at home. Anyhow, I have trouble keeping the rubber feet on the Gibraltar throne. I’ve replaced them before but the single-braced legs cut right through the rubber after a short time. Has anyone found a good workaround for this?

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The ocdp throne I have the feet would always fall off I ended up using silicone glue and glueing them on. Maybe for yours try wrapping the single braces part in tape to fill it from tearing through? Or coating in silicone caulk?

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your First Chair throne is comfortable, stable and trouble-free at home, is it really worth screwing-around with an inferior throne for your gigging kit just to save a few pounds of weight? The throne is the one piece of hardware that we need to have 100% confidence in, since it's holding the most important part of the drumset — us.

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If your First Chair throne is comfortable, stable and trouble-free at home, is it really worth screwing-around with an inferior throne for your gigging kit just to save a few pounds of weight? The throne is the one piece of hardware that we need to have 100% confidence in, since it's holding the most important part of the drumset — us.
Oh I hear ya and have had the same thoughts. The Gibraltar throne normally stays over at our band leader’s house where we practice and I’ve perched atop it for several hours at a time. I’ve actually used it for more gigs than the Tama throne and trust it.
I’m on a bit of a lightweight kick after picking up a set of Yamaha Crosstown and thinking if I can fit the smaller seat of the Gibraltar throne (as opposed to the large and heavy Tama seat) into the hardware bag, it’s less trips.

Attachments

LarryJ

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have trouble keeping the rubber feet on the Gibraltar throne. I’ve replaced them before but the single-braced legs cut right through the rubber after a short time. Has anyone found a good workaround for this?
I have the same throne and the same problem. I use the Roc-N-Soc feet and wrap the legs of the throne with duct tape so the feet are tight.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what sort of rubber feet your particular throne uses but on some rubber feet with a round profile it is possible to put a washer into the body of the foot before installing it on the stand and that helped prevent the feet from blowing out. This was something they did back in the 1960s.

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Other than this issue the Gibraltar 5608 thrones are stout for their light weight and not bad comfort-wise. The downside is the single-braced leg forms a knife of sorts and slices through the rubber feet. Sure I could live without the rubber feet but I prefer them to the throne sliding around.

A nice bonus is the entire throne weighs 7.3 lbs.

Attachments

Last edited:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
The Tama thrones have a plastic end piece of the metal leg which prevents wear on the rubber foot. I would try a plastic tool dip from home depot and see if that would help. I carry my throne separate most of the time but I also have a cart so I can stack everything and make one trip where possible.

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Tama thrones have a plastic end piece of the metal leg which prevents wear on the rubber foot. I would try a plastic tool dip from home depot and see if that would help. I carry my throne separate most of the time but I also have a cart so I can stack everything and make one trip where possible.
Thanks for that idea and I was considering the same thing.

bob e michael

DFO Master
Reaction score
get a roll of self amalgamating rubber tape
tape the leg brackets with that ... i won't take much , then slide on your rubber foot
the rubber foot will bond to that tape ... great stuff

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
get a roll of self amalgamating rubber tape
tape the leg brackets with that ... i won't take much , then slide on your rubber foot
the rubber foot will bond to that tape ... great stuff
Gonna try that along with something flat (washer maybe) between the leg and the rubber foot. Just ordered some of the tape.