Rudd & Other Solid Drummers

MetalDoucheRuddfan1223

Reaction score
I Understand where alot of drummers say slade is better but at the end of the day Ac\dc wont sound raw or powerfull without Rudd behind the drums and even Simon Wright said Phil's there guy on drums i was just a Drummer that Filled in And Slade was a show-off on stage with the band!

f5c2f517f8cb2ba3a902e53dd2c2c700.jpg

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phil

I'm also a Bon Scott guy, AC/DC for the most part ceased to exist for me after Scott died.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Was there actual nonsense before the OP introduced the topic?
I wondered the same thing? I could see a debate maybe between Slade and Wright but is it even worth mentioning Rudd? I just assumed he was the GOAT for AC/DC. It never occured to me that anyone would think differently.

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
Phil

I'm also a Bon Scott guy, AC/DC for the most part ceased to exist for me after Scott died.
I understand your feelings and agree to a point but Back in Black was a hell of a way to move on from his passing. For me it's probably the greatest rock album of all time.

Bon Scott was one of those unique people with an X factor who couldn't be replaced but somehow they managed to and have massive success while still sort of maintaining his legacy, incredible really.

And while the other two guys are great players in their own right, Phil Rudd is THE drummer for AC/DC.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your feelings and agree to a point but Back in Black was a hell of a way to move on from his passing. For me it's probably the greatest rock album of all time.

Bon Scott was one of those unique people with an X factor who couldn't be replaced but somehow they managed to and have massive success while still sort of maintaining his legacy, incredible really.

And while the other two guys are great players in their own right, Phil Rudd is THE drummer for AC/DC.
I agree with all of that, especially BiB - a huge album in so many ways, one of the all time best in rock.

And I'm not opposed to the Brian Johnson era at all, the Bon Scott era to me hits home more.

Having said that just yesterday I was making dinner and COD pinged on my mp3 rotation and I paused to consider how decent a tune that is, fwiw.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
I have been listening to a lot of AC/DC lately, as I started playing guitar a lot.
Phil Rudd to me is one of the greatest rock drummers of all so yeh, no contest. The other guys are awesome too though!
i love all eras, but especially Bon Scott and right around Who Made Who.