header.nohb.html

Sabian 22" Jazz Ride

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have two of these Jazz Rides, a traditional finish and a brilliant. Used the brilliant back in '07 &'08 when I was playing in a bar band. Guitar player loved it. Really don't know a lot about these. Read somewhere that they were kind of a forerunner of the Manhattan line. Can anyone enlighten me on them?

jb111

Reaction score
I have two of these Jazz Rides, a traditional finish and a brilliant. Used the brilliant back in '07 &'08 when I was playing in a bar band. Guitar player loved it. Really don't know a lot about these. Read somewhere that they were kind of a forerunner of the Manhattan line. Can anyone enlighten me on them?
I had one that I played nearly exclusively from 94 to 2017. It was called an HH Jazz Ride (no Manhattan). Mine was a great weight with a fairly high profile. Nice weight distribution from bell to edge. Very versatile. It had great stick with a nice dark wash underneath that was still very controlled. Interestingly, I remember that the bell seemed large-ish. Definitely a cymbal I should've kept.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had one that I played nearly exclusively from 94 to 2017. It was called an HH Jazz Ride (no Manhattan). Mine was a great weight with a fairly high profile. Nice weight distribution from bell to edge. Very versatile. It had great stick with a nice dark wash underneath that was still very controlled. Interestingly, I remember that the bell seemed large-ish. Definitely a cymbal I should've kept.

Holy crap. That's crazy that you let it go.
What caught your eye/ear and made to move on from it?

jb111

Reaction score
Holy crap. That's crazy that you let it go.
What caught your eye/ear and made to move on from it?
Honestly wasn't the most rational decision. Started playing some of the Turkish brands and thought it was time to move on. I'm happy with what I have now, but that one still hurts. Also had an 18" HH Sound Control Crash Ride that was stellar. Yep...gone, too. Dumb.

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This may give you some insight (current thread running now)