Sabian AAX, A Zildjian (30s, 50s)

shelfand

Reaction score
Up for sale a bunch of nice cymbals... the collection has grown pretty huge and these need to be used. I’ll absolutely entertain reasonable offers! Pics in order of listing. Please PM or email steven.helfand@gmail.com with interest.

22” 50s hollow logo w 8 rivet holes, medium weight. Great stick sound, still fairly dark. $175

14” A Zildjian first stamp 580g: probably late 30s era. Paper thin, one tiny chip at the edge, perfect otherwise. Either a nice thin top hihat or a vintage style “choke” cymbal. $100

18” Sabian AAX concept crash. Like new ... too similar to my beloved HHX evolution to keep both. $150

Attachments

Last edited:

shelfand

Reaction score
Not really, looking to open up some space and put some $$ away for an upcoming move. BUT... what do you have?! Never totally opposed to the idea LOL...

shelfand

Reaction score
Kerope and New Beats are SOLD!! All others still here.

shelfand

Reaction score
This one is medium thin so maybe 2400 or 2500 g? I have another listed also, a little lighter... Maybe 2300g, I’d call it Slightly heavier than thin.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This one is medium thin so maybe 2400 or 2500 g? I have another listed also, a little lighter... Maybe 2300g, I’d call it Slightly heavier than thin.
Is the 22" brilliant finish?

shelfand

Reaction score
The top is fairly reflective... I don't think it's "brilliant" as in buffed, rather a result of the type of lathing tool they used. There's been discussion on Cymbalholic about that before, certain eras of 50s cymbals have that appearance. The bottom is def NOT reflective at all.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Y'all done lost and I am the winner thanks to great dealin' by shelfand! I got two tasty 18" 60's Zildjians from the man at a fine price, well-packed and promptly shipped.

A couple more points: he has figured out to do very accurate sound files. Whatever you did, Steven, the cymbals sounded exactly like their preview. With all respect, these are kind of like his "B" line, as reflected in the price and his clearly described conditions - slight keyhole on one, a little deformed mounting hole on the other. Yet their sound is pure gold as far as I'm concerned. One can only imagine what his "A" lines sound like, particularly the 50's Zildjians in his other listing. Steven clearly has a good ear for cymbals.

The moral of the story is buy with extreme confidence from shelfand!