Sabian AAX Concept Crash CC4 (16")

markkarj

Reaction score
I picked one up today on a Black Friday (ish) sale... about $125 CAD with taxes in (less than $100 USD).

A question and an observation:

1) Is this Sabian's way of testing the market before they introduce new product? It seemed some of the initial Concept Crashes a few years ago were forerunners to their AAX redesign. I'm wondering where they're going with these new cymbals. The lathing was reminiscent of Paiste's Signature series.

2) I compared it to an HHX evolution I own, and I didn't find a heck of a lot of difference. I wonder how many versions of that brighter, quick crash Sabian can continue to produce between the Xplosions, Xplosions fasts, V-crashes, the new AAX variants, and so on.

FormerPNV

Reaction score
I don't know, but FWIW I picked up the 17" CC4 and it's the most pleasing Sabian crash cymbal I've played, and I'm partial to Paiste Sig crashes.

markkarj

Reaction score
Ah interesting... they only offered the 16" from the chain that was selling them here (Canada's version of Guitar Center). I do like the cymbal... will probably fit well with my AAXplosion fast crashes.