Sabian AAX or HHX?

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Man, I was playing and noticed little black marks on my heads. I looked at the tips of my sticks and they too are black. It's the raw bells! They come dirty as heck from the factory. Never had this happen before. Now I'm gonna have to clean that grime from the heads and clean the bells. Anyone have a good suggestion for getting that stuff off of the bells?

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
yeah they look like you Whoa I like those hi hats ;) Good job... Gig is saturday be there at 6pm

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Man, I was playing and noticed little black marks on my heads. I looked at the tips of my sticks and they too are black. It's the raw bells! They come dirty as heck from the factory. Never had this happen before. Now I'm gonna have to clean that grime from the heads and clean the bells. Anyone have a good suggestion for getting that stuff off of the bells?
Try Windex and paper towel before throwing accusations... Ha!

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Try Windex and paper towel before throwing accusations... Ha!
Definitely the bells! Ran my finger on them and it's like soot. I'll try the Windex tomorrow. By the way, sorry man, the 20" Murathan sold, LOl!

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Here is a quick audio file of the HHX's I made with my phone. Audio is not great so definitely different sound than in person. And it was hard to strike them while holding the phone. First recording I've ever done! :)
More recordings to come as time permits as I get all my real recording gear up and running!

https://soundcloud.com/user-432338557%2Fhhx-cymbals

Last edited: