Sabian AAX Stage Ride

switchfootfreak

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have one it is pretty loud in my basement and very bright and pingy. It never seemed to fit with guitars, it sounded nice just playing with the kit. I now use a vintage 18" giant beat.

Bigsecret

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 21" Stage Ride and it is my go to ride. Guys in the band love it too. It seems to be Sabian's version of a ping ride and, to my ear, is a little more refined sounding (maybe just the one I have). It doesn't have much wash, just a very clear almost crystalline ping with some very nice high overtones. It is easy to hear over loud guitar and bass. Very versatile as are all ping-type cymbals. Looking for just the right 'wash' can make you crazy.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I've owned two Sabian AAX 21" (dry) rides and they really weren't my bag, but I love AAX hats, crashes and chinas.
The AAX and HHX Auto Focus Response feature is an innovation that really works. It allows the cymbal to respond instantly at any dynamic.

At any rate, $107.50 was a nice deal for a brand new AAX ride.
Hope you got it.

gaebrel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've owned both a 20" and 21" AAX Stage Ride at one point in my life, and the 21" is somehow way better. I never knew an inch can make that much of a difference in a medium weight ride, but apparently it does.

Latest posts