header.nohb.html

Sabian Artisan vs Artisan Vault, any difference?

sws2h

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Noticed Sabian dropped the Vault tag and sells the Artisan as it's own line now. I was wondering if there was any difference in the older Artisan cymbals with the Vault logo and what they sell now.

R

RickP

No difference , same cymbals different logos. Sabian has also introduced the Artisan Elite rides ( thinner, drier ) and the Artisan light hihats to the Artisan line.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My understanding is that they did away with the Vault categorization altogether, and everything that had been part of it was divided up into the other lines -- Artisan becoming its own thing, as you mention in the original post.

cymbalsonly

Reaction score
No difference, except for what's silk-screened on them. Sabian likes playing the "name game," which serves to simply confuse everyone. I have repeatedly advised them against confusing their buyers, as folks will always find one reason or another to like one over the other, when nothing except the normal difference between two cast cymbals is the actual difference.

Tony

frey01270

Reaction score
I don't know a lot about this Cymbal Line,only that i have 2 sets of Sabian Hi-hats ,A set of 15" Sabian Vault Hi- Hats,and a set of 15" Sabian Artisan Hi-Hats,And the Vault Hi-Hats are much heavier,But i have not been able to find much about the Range of the Vault Hi-Hats,and the various weights that they put out.

KQED

Reaction score
I don't know a lot about this Cymbal Line,only that i have 2 sets of Sabian Hi-hats ,A set of 15" Sabian Vault Hi- Hats,and a set of 15" Sabian Artisan Hi-Hats,And the Vault Hi-Hats are much heavier,But i have not been able to find much about the Range of the Vault Hi-Hats,and the various weights that they put out.
I believe unlike the Artisan/Vault Artisan range, the standard 'Vault' range only came in one set of weights.
From memory the hats (14" only) and ride (20" only) were classed as Medium and the crashes (16-20") were classed as Thin.
These cymbals were later incorporated into the AAX line, designated 'V' (eg. AAX V-Hats, AAX V-Crash, etc) and were essentially Sabian's take on Zildjian A Customs (bright, clean, shimmering sound).