Sabian Cymbals you wish they'd make or make again

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, what Sabian cymbals do you wish they'd make or bring back? I saw this thread a couple years ago regarding Zildjian and there were some very interesting responses. I've recently discovered Sabians' HHX Complex line up so here are my wishes. All are HHX Complex - Swish or China 22 or 20, a mini china 14-16" and finally an 8" splash. Let's see your wish list!

little rock

Reaction score
I already have these, but would like for others to have the chance to enjoy them. 22" Ed Thigpen Crystal Flat and 22" Ed Thigpen Crystal Ride. The Crystal Ride has the same profile as th Sound Control cymbals. Also, the 20" Carl Allen Signature Ride.

Last edited:

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice thing about Sabian is that any wish list can be made reality since they will make pretty much anything that you ask for. It's a viable option for replicating any cymbal that they no longer make.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was going to say.

The thing is, Sabian can still make you any cymbal from their back catalogue. You just have to contact them and they will make t for you.
I came to say this. I have looked into this in the past and it seemed expensive, but that may have just been where I was financially at the time. Their cymbal modifications on the other hand are not too terribly expensive, but the shipping both ways makes it a little cost prohibitive.

Once upon a time, I attended a Sabin Vault Tour stop at Dale’s Drum Shop in Harrisburg, and was able to get two pairs of new custom hats made to order on the spot from blanks they brought. THAT was well worth it. I wish they would do it again.

D

deegeebee

Have become a big fan of the old 80s HH stuff, very dark and dry without being thin or trashy. Doubt they could recreate those at their custom shop. Anyone asked? Or is that what their rebooted HH line is supposed to be? Haven't really paid much attention to their new stuff beyond a couple of the specialty lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came to say this. I have looked into this in the past and it seemed expensive, but that may have just been where I was financially at the time. Their cymbal modifications on the other hand are not too terribly expensive, but the shipping both ways makes it a little cost prohibitive.

Once upon a time, I attended a Sabin Vault Tour stop at Dale’s Drum Shop in Harrisburg, and was able to get two pairs of new custom hats made to order on the spot from blanks they brought. THAT was well worth it. I wish they would do it again.
Was that the Vault tour, or the meet the masters tour?

I attended a meet the masters tour at a Sweetwater Gearfest a couple years ago. I took a 19" Viennese crash and had them lathe it down and do a little hammering on it. It's on my kit now and NOT leaving.

Pibroch

Reaction score
When I asked Sabian to make a pair of VFX hats, sadly they said they couldn't do any custom orders in B8. Story has a happy ending though - scored a used pair cheap from Legacy Drum Shop, Denver.

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
HH cymbals more in line with what they produced in the early to mid 80s. I am not a fan of this redesign HH.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Was that the Vault tour, or the meet the masters tour?

I attended a meet the masters tour at a Sweetwater Gearfest a couple years ago. I took a 19" Viennese crash and had them lathe it down and do a little hammering on it. It's on my kit now and NOT leaving.
It was definitely a Vault Tour. This would have been somewhere between 2009-2012. I’d love to hear that crash!

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few :
21” Larry Londin Signature ride
20” Steve White Signature ride
Sound Control line
Manhattan Line
HH Sizzle hats
AA Extra thin crashes

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Metal rides
Metal x line
APX line
Wil Calhoun rides
Fusion hats (aax/hh)
some of the various sound effects form years past.