Sabian Cymbals you wish they'd make or make again

kzac

Reaction score
My favorite Sabian cymbal is their B8 ride ... not sure if they still make it. but I have used one for decades.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone searching for discontinued AAX darks, Memphis drum shop has new 16 & 17 crashes left. They also have a used 18:

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll start by saying I’ve always been in awe of how Sabian positioned themselves so quickly to be a major player in cymbals after the family split.

Lots of desire for resurrection of past cymbals here from the Sabianistas. I’ll look to the future….

With that in mind, and with my respect for both sides of the Zildjian family, I wish Sabian would make an Uncle Armand Tribute Ride.

Hopefully, the good women over at Zildjian would see fit to also bury the internecine hatchet and come out with an Uncle Bob Bounced Ride.

(My only Sabian—an HH Raw Bell Dry Ride—is just a stunning cymbal. Wondering if the remastered series would lead me to wish they’d make them like the old ones or if I’d like the new ones better or even if there is a difference. Don’t know.)

Paistekid

Reaction score
Have become a big fan of the old 80s HH stuff, very dark and dry without being thin or trashy. Doubt they could recreate those at their custom shop. Anyone asked? Or is that what their rebooted HH line is supposed to be? Haven't really paid much attention to their new stuff beyond a couple of the specialty lines.

The original Hand Hammered from the 80s are SPECIAL sounding cymbal. The new HH or remastered HH is non-comparable and doesn't sound and feel the same

rayboomboom

Reaction score
HH EQ Hats!

I had a pair of 13" EQ hats. There were two versions, 1 with the holes cut in the bottom cymbal and the other with "notches" cut along the edge on the bottom. I liked the sound of the ones with the notches cut at the edge. They developed hairline cracks at the top of each notch but still sound fantastic, if you like really high pitched, fast high hats. I go for a darker sound now so I'm playing 15" new beats I got used off ebay. Love 'em.

I play a Sabian AA 20" Dark Ride that sounds incredible. I use it for almost every gig including Blues and Western Swing. I just wish they made the bell a bit larger and maybe lathed the bell for a more clear bell tone. I talked to Sabian about lathing the bell to see if it would help, but just haven't done it.

And I have a 16" med HH crash from the late 80's that is absolutely beautiful. Love the sound. I hope it lasts forever.

TonyVazquez

Reaction score
Back in the early 90s I had a set of B8s (the starter pack) and they were among
the best cymbals I ever had in all my years of drumming.
I'd give my left nostril to have those cymbals back again.
Yeah, the B8s are still around; I'd buy them even if they're in used condition.
They take a beating and project nicely in a small venue, they're perfect for me.

DrummBumm89

Reaction score
AAX-V crash. Still need a 19”.
I was just at Bentley's in Fresno over the Holiday weekend. Dana had a 17, 19 & 20 in the used area. If it's not still there PM me. I have a 19 laying around that I'd be willing to part with.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Never had a chance to try the 21" Ed Shaughnessy Signature Ride. It was a heavy cymbal with a dry, pingy sound.

View attachment 472836
I had one for a while - I love a lot of Sabian stuff, but this cymbal just wasn't for me (to be fair, if I'd done more research ahead of time, I probably would have known that). Your description of it is very accurate - and if that's what you're looking for, it definitely fit the bill.