Sabian Flat Hats

GCG199

Reaction score
I don't know for sure when they were introduced. I have a copy of the 1995 Sabian Newsbeat/catalog and they are listed in it. I am guessing late 1980s/very early 1990s at the most.

I would have figured that they would have made it into the timeline of Sabian innovations shown on page 138 of the October 2006 issue of Modern Drummer, but they didn't. (They did a "spotlight" on Sabian's 25th anniversary.)

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a pair from the mid 90s. Also, I HAVE seen a set of pre-AA Flat hats with the old block ink label at least once on eBay.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had a set of 13's in the late 80's. Brand new.

Clue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a pair that I got with a set of drums I bought from a guy in Canada. They have the Sabian Canada stamp on them. No ink on them..but not sure if there ever was. I thought they were ZIldjians at first. They look just like A's.

Great hats!

Cannons

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Clue said:
I have a pair that I got with a set of drums I bought from a guy in Canada. They have the Sabian Canada stamp on them. No ink on them..but not sure if there ever was. I thought they were ZIldjians at first. They look just like A's.

Great hats!
Nice, Clue. I'd love to find a set of these from the early days, pre-AA. Quick Beats, only better!

gaebrel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have one of thier first full color catalogs, and they're listed. My guess would be that they made them since day one, to compete with the popular Quick Beats.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Cannons said:
Does anyone know when Sabian originally rolled out the Flat Hats?

I think they were part of the original offerings from Sabian.
I had a set I got new in 1986 and they were already a well established series by that time.

Elvis

Latest posts