Sabian HH Manhattans

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using or has used HH Manhattans and if so your opinion of what you used or are using? Also, state sizes. Thanks

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have a 22" HH Manhattan @ 2552 g. Great cymbal! Nice stick, pleasant wash and lots of edge wobble. My main ride for a couple of years. I have a new main ride now. A 20" Agop special edition jazz ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian S

Island Time
Reaction score
Yes, 20" Manhattan I bought 20 years ago, one of my very favorite cymbals. I won't be selling it, I think very highly of it.

It is on the quieter side, not a cut through type so for very small venue or needs to be mic'd. Lovely wash that I'd describe as smokey (very minimal overtones, mostly white noise and full bodied). The sustain of the wash is what I'd call moderate to medium-dry. It's not overly articulate, the stick is woody, not a ping, and the feel is a little bit buttery.

Sadly I don't have a sound file nor do I have the weight handy. The cymbal is in storage at my friend's garage, along with most of my other equipment. If I had to guess, it's probably 2000-2100 grams, maybe a little more. I may have been lucky with this specimen, it's a keeper.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My primary ride is the first Gen (I gather) Hand Hammered Manhattan in 22” at 2400. Gigged it today for Americana. It’s a dry jazz ride that seems to work with any genre I’m playing. In the pursuit of backup I found some have smaller, less deep, hammering that do not carry the same sound and feel. Tried an 18 and 14 hats in the line. Never linked and sold them. Never tried the later stamped “HH” version.

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a 20 inch brilliant HH Manhattan Jazz ride that I use primarily as a large crash that is rideable. Love it.