Sabian Sound Kit

texasshawn16

Reaction score
I just wanted to create a thread for the Sabian Sound Kit because prior to me purchasing it there wasn't too many out there. For anyone thinking about buying one I highly recommend it!!! Is it professional studio recording quility??? Hell no!!! But for the person that just wants to record practice or post drum cover videos on social media it's perfect!!! Prior to this I had well over a grand invested in the shure drum mic kit, 16 channel mixing board, and interface and never could get the mix right. I never went to school for sound engineering. I sold all that and then bought the sabian sound kit and a Gopro Hero 2 because it was the last gopro with a 3.5mm mic input. With 1 hour I had it all set up and dialed in. I can find drumless tracks on my phone and then use a 3.5mm cable to run it from my cell right into the mixing board and have a dual xlr to single 3.5mm going from the main out on the board to the Gopro. Now I just hit record on the camera, play the song, and pop the memory card into my laptop to trim and upload to you tube or wherever. I love the simplicity of this set up. I almost bought the Yamaha EAD10 and liked the effects that came with that but deceided it was not worth $300 more. (I found the sabian sound kit on reverb used but in mint condition for $175 with shipping) even brand new the sound kit only goes for $299 compared to almost $600 for the Yamaha if you get the snare trigger as well. So if your like me and have no engineering skills at all then this is the way to go!!!

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Could you please post a link to one of your videos utilizing this sound kit?

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome report and review but without video and examples, what have we got? Come on... post those links!!

I am excited to see this set up used in a real world application. Your right , when it hit I really found very few user demos so this is a good idea.

Ward

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As an EAD10 user, I'd like to hear some of your examples to see how the two compare. I like many of the effects (reverb, compression) built into the EAD module but I'd like to hear how it might be different since it's using separate mics that can be positioned in different locations rather than fixed to the bass drum.

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I purchased one this Thursday and it will be at my house on Tuesday. I wanted a simple way to record my home set. My guitarist and bassist both have home setups, I wanted a way to add drums to what they're doing without going the edrum route.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use this kit that also sings?

I'm wondering how the overheads interact with a vocal mic and also if the overheads pick up some of the voice.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This set would be almost perfect if there was another 2 or so XLR inputs to be able to add mics if you wanted. That is about the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. There just isn't room to build upon the kit.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I must admit I am intrigued by this too. I recently did a remote recording with an e-kit and was not happy with the e-kit response and ai would prefer to use my live kit for the next recording

Last edited:

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the mics for the Sabian Sound Kit? Are they rebranded mics? Maybe a model many are familiar with? How do the Sabian mics compare to the standards such as a Shure Beta 52A?