Sabian Sound Kit

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve owned the Sabian Sound Kit for a little over a year now and have used it at home, but now I’m playing for an artist who wants the drums mic’d up for small club gigs, if for no other reason than to run the kick drum to the floor monitors and in ears. The kit does come with the two XLR outputs to run to the main board. I’m curious to see if anyone is using this set up for smaller gigs, and if so, how well is it working for you?
403815BB-18F9-4413-84B5-0C3BBA4A10B4.jpeg

Last edited:

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In a small room, overheads generally are the last thing you need on drums:
1 - due to their position and type (condenser), they end up picking up the WHOLE band on a small stage, and just make the front mix muddy
2 - cymbals generally don't need a lot of reinforcement in smaller rooms

Having said that, a kick mic is often super useful. I'd just run the mic directly to your main board and not worry about the sub-mix.

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a small room, overheads generally are the last thing you need on drums:
1 - due to their position and type (condenser), they end up picking up the WHOLE band on a small stage, and just make the front mix muddy
2 - cymbals generally don't need a lot of reinforcement in smaller rooms

Having said that, a kick mic is often super useful. I'd just run the mic directly to your main board and not worry about the sub-mix.
That is something I thought about with the condensers. If he decides he wants me to use the entire set up I’m going to have to get a shield.