Sakae aluminum 6.5 x 14 snare

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The seller, Gear Zone Music, is a Reverb storefront for Korg USA (who had the US distribution rights for Sakae). They've been selling off the remaining Sakae inventory on Reverb for well over a year now. Prices are/were usually 45-50% off MAP, though I have noticed that the Sakae cymbal and HH stands I was grabbing so cheap last year are now being listed at full MAP pricing. Interesting. I wonder if this has anything to do with Sakae's supposed rebirth?

Aahad Nayani

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking to get one. Is there any authentic deal for this snare drum? 14x6.5 is what I am looking for

Aahad Nayani

Reaction score
The seller, Gear Zone Music, is a Reverb storefront for Korg USA (who had the US distribution rights for Sakae). They've been selling off the remaining Sakae inventory on Reverb for well over a year now. Prices are/were usually 45-50% off MAP, though I have noticed that the Sakae cymbal and HH stands I was grabbing so cheap last year are now being listed at full MAP pricing. Interesting. I wonder if this has anything to do with Sakae's supposed rebirth?
Do you have any idea if these guys are selling their snare drums on this day?

Aahad Nayani

Reaction score
is it st
I bought one a few weeks ago when the sale started. Just as great sounding as a Supraphonic (better strainer for sure). I think it does have fewer overtones, but super fat sounding. People should buy these up. $250 is a steal.

Oh, and it comes with a cool drum key.
Is it still available on sale?

Im thinking to get one .. thanks

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am really liking this snare drum too. Very fat and Supra-like, but with a bit more sizzle on the high end. Lots of low end OOMPH.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm very happy with mine, too. I see there are now only seven 6.5" aluminums left. I'd imagine the steel shells sound good, as well.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Got mine. So far so good. I didn't swap out the batter head as I usually do since it looks to be a coated Ambie. Threw it on the stand and liked what I heard. We'll see after tonight's outdoor gig.

bp350

Reaction score
Never owned or played one of the Sakae aluminum snares but I did buy a new black nickel over brass Sakae snare from the same seller about a year and a half ago when they were selling off the remaining stock of those and it's a great drum. Very well made and sounds great! If I didn't already have so many aluminum snares I would absolutely pick one of those up.

stevil

Reaction score
Got mine this week. I'm not in love, but it's nice to have an aluminum snare in my arsenal. I just really love my heavy bronze...

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Got mine this week. I'm not in love, but it's nice to have an aluminum snare in my arsenal. I just really love my heavy bronze...
The great thing about it is that it weighs a 1/5 of what your heavy bronze weighs! Seriously though, put a coated reverse dot Remo or Aquarian Hi-Energy head on it and it's magic. Big and fat with a nice sizzle and spread.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
This is a little like the Ming and Pork Pie deals feeding frenzy. DFO should get a commission.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
IMHO, these Sakae drums are miles beyond the Ming and Pork Pie drums that were deals at the time. These are bonafide top of the line seamless shells with top notch hardware.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to swap the Sakae with the iNDE but the Sakae rocked it tonight. Here's a pic. I may try Rob's suggestion on the heads though.

67665208_10219211836914207_3880152547029155840_n.jpg

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Has anyone compared the Sakae to an INDe?
Several of you have placed orders and will likely post your feedback here shortly after your Sakae snare arrives. If possible, I'd really appreciate reading comments on how the Sakae snare compares to other aluminum snares you currently own, especially those (e.g. Ludwig Acrolite, INDe, Oriollo Phantom, etc.) that are often highly touted on this site.