header.nohb.html

Sakae flat base cymbal stands

bonefamily

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if some places still have the Sakae flat base cymbal stands that were being blown out a while back (maybe a year ago) remaining? I'm needing one more (would like two if I can) to match what I already have. A quick search came up with nothing. I'm thinking this is unlikely, but ya never know. Thanks.

David Hunter

DFO Master
Reaction score
I suspect the new-in-box ones are all gone by now, unfortunately. They were nice stands - very reliable and lightweight. I was able to snag 5 of them from Korg USA's Reverb store back in 2018 for $33 each. I've gigged with them dozens of times. Money well spent!

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Not sure where you can find them but I wish I got more than two when they were on sale. I'm using the early 2000's Ludwig flat base stands and they're probably close to retirement from gigging and I like the ones I use in my home studio.

bonefamily

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Eh, I figured as much. I got mine from DCP last year as well, but should have got more when I had the chance. Wouldn’t hurt to give them a call…

brhythm

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I too bought one from DCP. I think I paid $45, and now I think they're $79. I'm waiting to see on Black Friday if they go on sale. If so I plan to snag a couple more.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Does anyone know if some places still have the Sakae flat base cymbal stands that were being blown out a while back (maybe a year ago) remaining? I'm needing one more (would like two if I can) to match what I already have. A quick search came up with nothing. I'm thinking this is unlikely, but ya never know. Thanks.
Looks like Columbus percussion has some. You might want to contact them first, though.

David Hunter

DFO Master
Reaction score
Looks like Columbus percussion has some. You might want to contact them first, though.
Nope, they're all gone, too:
Screenshot.png

bonefamily

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Columbus Percussion is local to me (about an hour away) and they are indeed sold out of them.

bonefamily

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
:banghead:
I SWEAR, that was not there when I posted that ad!
I looked ALL OVER that ad for any mention of it being sold out or not available, and saw NUH-THiNG concerning that!
...don't know what to tell you. Sorry about that bonefamily. :dontknow:
No problem at all! Thanks for looking out! Speaking with the owner of CP, he mentioned that their website is not the best maintained in the world :)