Sakae Road Anew

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m not well versed with this drum smith. I am wondering what the Road Anew line is akin to with the larger manufacturers. Is it like Tama’s Starclassic series or Ludwigs classic line etc.. It looks like there defunct and I’m having trouble finding info. Thanks

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would put it on par with something like a Pearl Session series. Not top end, but solidly built mid level. Cherry mahogany blend shells that sound really nice.

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Skip the bloated review. Specs and video are at the top, pros and cons at the bottom.

Quick summary: really fun drums. Sounded excellent with stock heads. Hardware feels a tad flimsy, but everything worked well. I think the cherry really makes a difference. Felt like insane value.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score

Skip the bloated review. Specs and video are at the top, pros and cons at the bottom.

Quick summary: really fun drums. Sounded excellent with stock heads. Hardware feels a tad flimsy, but everything worked well. I think the cherry really makes a difference. Felt like insane value.
Love cherry infused shells!
Clubdate SE ,cherry/poplar
NeuSonics,cherry/maple
Both great sounding shells!

drummingbulldog

Reaction score
Cherry is awesome & the finish is beautiful. I am a sucker for silver sparkle. Love the 60s Ludwig best but this glass lacquer looks sweet.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve got a little Pac-D kit — Sakae’s version of the old Yamaha Hipgig Jr. It has the same shell layup and hardware as the Road Anews, and if you ask me, it looks and sounds way nicer than it has any right to, considering the price (and in my case, the size). The cherry and mahogany is a really great combo. In fact, I could be wrong, but didn’t DW release a line with that same layup? At any rate, they’re definitely worth considering if you see one.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a little Pac-D kit — Sakae’s version of the old Yamaha Hipgig Jr. It has the same shell layup and hardware as the Road Anews, and if you ask me, it looks and sounds way nicer than it has any right to, considering the price (and in my case, the size). The cherry and mahogany is a really great combo. In fact, I could be wrong, but didn’t DW release a line with that same layup? At any rate, they’re definitely worth considering if you see one.
Yes, I bought one.

Attachments