Sakae rumours are false, they are still in business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just heard a rumour that Sakae are filing for bankruptcy. Has anyone else heard that or can confirm?

EDIT 3/22/2017 by moderator lossforgain:
Multiple sources confirm this rumor is untrue, Sakae is going strong. Closing the thread today but leaving it viewable for anyone searching for information.

R

RickP

It would not surprise me, there drums don't seem to be selling well in my neck of the woods. It would be sad if true .

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
It seemed like an ambitious endeavor.
There are so many high end drums available, fewer drummers, and a zillion lower priced well made drums out there with established brand names.
I'd guess very few drummers, even Yamaha fans and users, knew the name Sakae.
That being said, I'll be looking for a closeout sale!

Hazelwood7

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Grrrrr I just got a floor tom and a snare drum and paid the prices. Now you telling me there is a fire sale. Ahhhh!

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hazelwood7 said:
Grrrrr I just got a floor tom and a snare drum and paid the prices. Now you telling me there is a fire sale. Ahhhh!
No one that knows anything for sure is saying that. Just internet drum forum rumors at this time.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hazelwood7 said:
Where did you hear it from?
Like I said in the original post, this is a rumour I heard and was wondering if more people had heard this and if this was true.

R

RickP

I have a friend that is a Sakae Endorser and he contacted Eizo about the rumours and was told they were untrue .

This of course could be taken whatever way you want .

Salem street drums

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
My local music store is a crush and sakae dealer. He has a ton of crush inventory leftover and I don't think he has sold the first Sakae kit.

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Salem street drums said:
My local music store is a crush and sakae dealer. He has a ton of crush inventory leftover and I don't think he has sold the first Sakae kit.
What store is that? I might have to make a trip down to NC.

Chayro

Reaction score
It's really hard for a drum company to build an image and trigger the "I've got to have that" syndrome. I remember that EVERYBODY played the recording customs - Jordan, Gadd, can't remember exactly, but I really wanted that kit. The fact that Sakae used to make the recording customs just isn't enough, IMO. Canopus managed to gain a little traction, but I'm not sure how. It's a rough game out there.

Salem street drums

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
dogmanaut said:
What store is that? I might have to make a trip down to NC.
Fat Cat Music. He has some of the high end crush snares too.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
By googling I find news on a company called Sakae Sushi going bankrupt. Wondering if someone mistook that for Sakae drums.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Halldór L said:
By googling I find news on a company called Sakae Sushi going bankrupt. Wondering if someone mistook that for Sakae drums.
That would be epic.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
rdumas said:
That would be epic.
Indeed! And I hope that´s the case. Would hate to see Sakae go.

Status
Not open for further replies.