Salesman Love

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah! I want a whole kit someday! When I have the room! Honestly, I wasn't sure where this topic was headed.

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Striking!

I shall confess that there was a time I did not like that wrap one bit. Then one day I saw a kit somewhere and sparkling stars and hearts filled my eyes.

Is that a Classic Maple or one of the Legacies?

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Striking!

I shall confess that there was a time I did not like that wrap one bit. Then one day I saw a kit somewhere and sparkling stars and hearts filled my eyes.

Is that a Classic Maple or one of the Legacies?
It’s the classic maple.

I know what you mean with the change of heart. I saw someone with a full set in this wrap and that was it.

Last edited:

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a kit of that. Are they Maples? Can you still get that wrap? Is it caalled salesman wrap or what
Yes, classic maple. I was told that Ludwig only made a Limited amount of this wrap and that’s it, no more from them. And, yes, it is referred to as the salesman wrap.

Last edited:

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the all time great finishes.
Congratulations and enjoy your drums !!

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have this CM "Downbeat" set I bought brand new a few years back. I modified it by adding a vintage rail and cymbal bracket to the bass drum. Also have 2 matching snares (5" and 6.5") and the 16x16 which I snagged off ebay shortly after buying the set.

20170917_145315.jpg

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know, I was Jonesin for one. When this one came up though I snagged it. There was one for sale, I think on reverb, for well over 1K and it was used!

Last edited:

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Classic Maples are cracking drums. I have a 5.0 and a 6.5. Lately the 6.5 is my favorite wood snare. Cut, articulation, and at the same time body. I often feel I have to sacrifice the first two to get that latter, but not with this drum.

Having such a beast in such a sexy finish, enviable, that. If yours had popped up when I was looking, I would have grabbed it for sure.

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Agreed. My problem is that I may end up digging this snare more than some of my vintage woods.