Saluda Cymbals....???

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What is the story with them? Seems I have 'heard' rumors over the years.

Was thinking of buying a flat ride off their site. Prices are good, but curious if the risk of buying/spending is worth the reward.

Anyone using them?

daveplaydrum

Reaction score
I’ve got one really nice 16” crash and a god awful splash and china from them. To be fair, the splash and china are from the early 2000s and I’m sure they’ve come a long way since then.

If you’re looking for an affordable flat ride then maybe try Soultone. There’s lots of deals to be had on Amazon and I have a 20” Soultone Vintage flat ride and it sounds great

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
The only Saluda I have had in my possession was an absolute clanger. But it was years ago. I steer clear.

fenrir

Reaction score
I've heard some very very very questionable things about the man behind this company.
Bad practice, fraud, fake Spizzichinos amongst other things.
This was fairly common knowledge over on cymbalholic.
Perhaps things have changed - people change so it's not inconceivable.

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve got one really nice 16” crash and a god awful splash and china from them. To be fair, the splash and china are from the early 2000s and I’m sure they’ve come a long way since then.

If you’re looking for an affordable flat ride then maybe try Soultone. There’s lots of deals to be had on Amazon and I have a 20” Soultone Vintage flat ride and it sounds great
Soultone is made by Masterwork...I have/had several Masterwork flats, and yes, they all sound great...looking for something never tried before. ThanX

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Soultone is made by Masterwork...I have/had several Masterwork flats, and yes, they all sound great...looking for something never tried before. ThanX
I guess I would ask, what haven't you tried?
Have you tried A and K Zildjian flats? Sabians? Paistes? Bosphorus? If you have only done the Turkish thing then maybe a Z/S/Paiste is the way to go. Different doesn't necessarily mean better or pleasing. There are lesser-known cymbals out there that I might try but not just because they are a lesser-known name. If I had some idea of what I wanted, I would be trying the names I know first.

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Zildjian..never was. Always liked 'true Turks'...Yes, had some nice Paiste flats...602, 2002, Sig, Alpha (the best, IMO), Sound Formula...Byzance Club and Trad Jazz Flat as well...Sabian, never as well
Thanks for the suggestions. Found some Stagg flats on ebay/Reverb for under $200....Keep hoping an Alpha flat would showup somewhere...but they are reareJust looking for low cost...don't play out anymore, turned 72yo...laying back

bonefamily

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Paiste Alpha flat?.... calling forum member Elvis....