Sandy Nelson Tribute (Cover)

Gumbeat

Reaction score
The guitar player I work with recently got turned on to Sandy Nelson. We decided to work up a cover of Sandy's Song "Big Noise from the Jungle" we had a blast recording it...Nothing like the sound of Vintage Ludwigs!!! I thought I would share it and hope some of you guys might enjoy it too. Sometimes I feel Sandy Nelson doesn't get as much love as he should and it was cool to see a guitar player getting into his tunes enough to want to cover one. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Loved the Sandy Nelson drums. That racing, too, was awesome. That's back when men were steel and boats were wood. I'd like to see one of today's snot-nosed Nascar racers go out on that figure-eight track. They wouldn't dare.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've played "surf music" for about 30 years, as a drummer. I love this sh*t!
(And I'm currently still doing it in 2 surf bands in Santa Cruz, California.
My band, the NEW SHOCKWAVES, and the band I joined Fascinating Creatures Of The Deep. Sorry about the plugs!)

I really like your version of the Sandy Nelson tune. It's more obscure than the obvious ones, although there is nothing wrong with covering ANY Sandy Nelson tune. Definitely not recognized as much as he should be.

Stretch

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
loved it...and the video made me think of a really early (and pleasant) childhood memory.

Latest posts