Saw The Byrds/Marty Stuart Show Last Night

Monty

DFO Master
Reaction score
Finally saw this wonderful show as they celebrate the 50th Anniversary of "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo". Both Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman were in fine form but Marty (playing Clarence Whites original Fender B String Bender) and The Fabulous Superlatives really delivered. Drummer Harry Stinson was incredible with his great vocal harmonies and tasteful playing on his Blue Onyx Rogers kit. The 6 musicians played this music lovingly and with taste and respect.
If you can catch this show, you will not be disappointed!!

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
great talents all. I once owned a rick 12 string just because of McGuinn

Monty

DFO Master
Reaction score
marko52 said:
I thought Harry played Slingerlands...........marko
Nope. Rogers. The finish, lugs and of course the logo on the drums left no doubt

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Lucky you, Monty!

My former trio had the pleasure of opening for Marty and The Superlatives at a festival once and I've always made it a priority to listen to their subsequent album releases in their entirety.

He and his band are such a crack unit with amazing experience and versatility, definitely the real deal.

To witness them in concert with the Byrds guys? Get out!

Drums

Reaction score
Monty said:
Nope. Rogers. The finish, lugs and of course the logo on the drums left no doubt
Actually, Harry does play Slingerlands as well. Can't wait to see this show in December!

Attachments

Monty

DFO Master
Reaction score
Drums said:
Actually, Harry does play Slingerlands as well. Can't wait to see this show in December!

I've seen this before. I meant, what he played other night was clearly a Rogers set.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Drums

Reaction score
Monty said:

I've seen this before. I meant, what he played other night was clearly a Rogers set.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Looks like the Rogers are his favorites!

ThomFloor

Reaction score
Have just re-discovered their early 70's stuff.
Is Gene Parsons playing or involved with this 50th anniversary thing? I don't think he ever fell out with McGuinn did he?

Monty

DFO Master
Reaction score
ThomFloor said:
Have just re-discovered their early 70's stuff.
Is Gene Parsons playing or involved with this 50th anniversary thing? I don't think he ever fell out with McGuinn did he?
Roger fired Gene from The Byrds @ July 1972. Not sure if they still speak or not.
Gene Was not a part of this tour.