Says I can't post that type picture

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Make sure the name of the file has no punctuation marks. If so, just rename it.

Mike

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Boscoe said:
possible problems I can look for. I tried to post a JPEG picture using attach a file. Prompt says "I can't post this type file." What's wrong?
There's an algorithm that automatically (and thankfully) blocks nekkid selfies...

Boscoe

Reaction score
Guess I'll have to put my pants on then. No really, renaming them didn't work. It says I don't have permission to upload that type of file. It's a JPEG. Anything else you can think of? I'm logged in, have posted more than 5 posts, I have posted for sale pictures in the past.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
You can email me the pics to mikelayton@bellsouth.com . Let me see what I can do with them.

Mike

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
You might try to change the file suffix from JPEG to JPG or jpg. Although they are all supposed to be mean the same type of file, programmers don't always allow all the suffixes when they write their code. And it's also always a good idea to remove any embedded blanks in file names (in addition to any punctuation which Mike mentioned). Embedded blanks often cause trouble when working across different file systems. Actually, considering the number of things which can go wrong, it's amazing that things mostly work. :happy11:

drumming4iam

Reaction score
New to forum. Also not able to submit any pics at all for profile,(seems like simple task). When I click upload button nothing happens at all. Maybe my computer?...thanks