SCORPIONS "Lovedrive" Friday 5 fer

drumstuff66

Reaction score
Really enjoy snappy's Friday 5 Fers!

I was a senior in HS when Love At First Sting came out (1984) and it was one those right album/right time things. The 80's hard rock stuff brings me back to keg parties in a field or the woods, a big bonfire and songs blaring out someone's car stereo or boom box...

Vividly remember ducking the volume on the car radio when Rock You Like A Hurricane came on - that first verse is great when yelling it out loud with your buddies at the previously mentioned keggers while the girls rolled their eyes, but not so much when next to your mom in the car....

Lastly, "Herman Rarebell" has got to be one of the greatest drummer names ever...

Thanks for posting!

1592563376791.png

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love this album but there's no doubt they are a different band without Uli.
Evidently the band discussed going to a more commercial approach after releasing the last "Uli" record "Taken By Force".
He didn't like the direction and left to start his own band "Electric Sun".
I saw him "live" once because I enjoy his playing and am a fan of his records with the Scorpions.

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I first saw (and heard) the Scorpions in 1980 when they were on the bill with Def Leppard and Ted Nugent. At that point, I had only known of them because my buddy's band played Always Somewhere. They were 2nd on the bill, but they came out like everyone was there to see them. I've been a huge fan ever since. I wasn't aware of their previous iconic guitarists.....Jabs was killing it.

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Evidently the band discussed going to a more commercial approach after releasing the last "Uli" record "Taken By Force".
He didn't like the direction and left to start his own band "Electric Sun".
I saw him "live" once because I enjoy his playing and am a fan of his records with the Scorpions.
I call it the Van Halen effect. Not just specifically VH, AC/DC as well, but there was a blueprint for hard rock bands to chart in the late 70s.