Seam on inside of bass drum starting to separate

goodcat1337

Reaction score
I've got a friend whose seam on the inside of his bass drum is starting to separate. I don't have a pic unfortunately, but he says it's probably about 1/16" wide, and as far as he can tell, it only goes thru 1 or 2 plies. Any advice on how to fix it and keep it from getting worse?

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
goodcat1337 said:
I've got a friend whose seam on the inside of his bass drum is starting to separate. I don't have a pic unfortunately, but he says it's probably about 1/16" wide, and as far as he can tell, it only goes thru 1 or 2 plies. Any advice on how to fix it and keep it from getting worse?
Get some Elmer's wood glue in there. That stuff is like a rock. It will prevent any further separation.

goodcat1337

Reaction score
Wow, something that simple, huh? Thanks for the quick response.

goodcat1337

Reaction score
Okay, so this was a bit worse than I was let on to originally. I didn't take a pic of the actual drum, but I did see it in person and I found a picture of the exact same thing that I went through back around Christmas time. There is actually a crack in the top of the bass drum that goes through all but about 2 plies of the inside of the shell. I'm wondering if putting the wood glue in there will help any, it seems like there might need to be some kind of contoured piece of wood or metal or something like that attached to the inside to make sure the shell is back in round, but I have no clue about this kind of stuff.

View attachment 314851

Latest posts