header.nohb.html

See what song was at #1 on the day you were born

drummerdanva

Reaction score
Hey There - Rosemary Clooney Had to check it out on YouTube as I never heard it before.

JohnF

Reaction score
Hey There by Rosemary Clooney also. Never heard it. I'll have to check it out.

W&A Player

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have checked this out several times before today. Every time I checked it out, the result for my birthday in October of 1943 was "Pistol Packin' Mama" by Al Dexter. Just now, a different source said that it was "Sunday, Monday, or Always" by Bing Crosby with the Al Dexter tune as number one the week after I was born.

psalty

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
W&A Player said:
I have checked this out several times before today. Every time I checked it out, the result for my birthday in October of 1943 was "Pistol Packin' Mama" by Al Dexter. Just now, a different source said that it was "Sunday, Monday, or Always" by Bing Crosby with the Al Dexter tune as number one the week after I was born.
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Something's slipping!

W&A Player

DFO Star
Reaction score
psalty said:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Something's slipping!
It matters not to me which song was on top the day I was born. . However, about five years ago, I realized that I love the big band music and some of the other pop music from the forties even though I was not old enough to appreciate it when it was happening. Sometimes I think that, if I was born about 20-30 years earlier, I would have been a big band drummer. I don't have any problems with being born at a time to be a drummer for old rock music when it was new.