Selling Mapex Saturn V Exotic Studioease Drum set

billcosby_sweater

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm unfortunately getting rid of my Mapex Saturn V because I'm getting more into jazz and the Saturns are a bit too big for that. The sizes are 22x18, 16x16, 14x14, 12x9, 10x8. I live in Illinois so a local sale would be nice but I'm ok to ship. These drums have never left my basement and I just gave the hoops a good shine so they're in good shape. I'm thinking of selling for about 1800 but I'm open to offers.

Attachments

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm unfortunately getting rid of my Mapex Saturn V because I'm getting more into jazz and the Saturns are a bit too big for that. The sizes are 22x18, 16x16, 14x14, 12x9, 10x8. I live in Illinois so a local sale would be nice but I'm ok to ship. These drums have never left my basement and I just gave the hoops a good shine so they're in good shape. I'm thinking of selling for about 1800 but I'm open to offers.
Beautiful drums! I wouldn't sell them, but that's just me. :)

billcosby_sweater

Reaction score
Use the 14 and the 10, boom, you have a jazz kit. Bass drum is what it is, though if it were 14" deep..that would help.....but hell ya!...hang onto them.
Ya I actually thought about that but there are some bop kits from brands I've never played before that I want to give a try, that's what made me decide to sell them.

Last edited:

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I can get you in touch with Lang Precussion who will build you a bop kit in the sizes you prefer, and in a nice white finish. Depending on your location will determine shipping.
There are a few "dealers" that only offer high end gear, because it sells itself, but here you will get facts you need to help with your decision.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I don't know Mapex lugs (are tom and bass drum lugs the same) You could find a matching in all ways (if that's possible) 16X18 Floor tom ....transfer some hardware from your 22.

and keep your set yet have a smaller bass.

(free no charge for that advice; )
(I used to get a quarter for it)

billcosby_sweater

Reaction score
I don't know Mapex lugs (are tom and bass drum lugs the same) You could find a matching in all ways (if that's possible) 16X18 Floor tom ....transfer some hardware from your 22.

and keep your set yet have a smaller bass.

(free no charge for that advice; )
(I used to get a quarter for it)
Haha! Thanks for the free tip! Unfortunately I can't really find a 18x16 floor tom in the same finish. Also me selling this is partly because I want to try new sets as well.