Semi-OT: Your current favourite album

k_50

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What's yours?

For me it's Chris Cornell's "Higher Truth". I've sort of rediscovered it, and have been listening to it almost exclusively for a couple of weeks.
Besides the music, and his voice, some of the lyrics on this record are very relatable to me - they express some of the things that I couldn't put in so few words myself.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Wow, thank you - this has instantly become my current favourite album!
It’s hilarious this glowing review includes the line, “The song culminates in what can only be described as Apple making dolphin noises for 15 amusingly jarring seconds.”

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been stuck on Stone Temple Pilots G.Hits. I miss "The Seattle Sound".

Pibroch

Reaction score
It’s hilarious this glowing review includes the line, “The song culminates in what can only be described as Apple making dolphin noises for 15 amusingly jarring seconds.”
Haha. Started playing it for my partner - when it got to the dolphin noises she asked me to turn it off and put on some Janis Ian instead because she was winding down to go to bed.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The new Jeff Rosenstock record, N O D R E A M, is awesome, a great summer record.

On a totally different note the new Phoebe Bridgers is absolutely stunning.

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
“The Royal Scam” is my perennial favorite album. Never gets old. Then there’s “Steps Ahead,” “Headhunters” and “Big Swing Face.” Hard to choose.

Reactions: egw

tomo221

Reaction score
Lamp Lit Prose by Dirty Projectors, and Time by Louis Cole.

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't get it.
It ain't for everyone , that's for sure . a year ago I'd have likely not thought much of it . I've had a pretty major shift in my taste in the last year somehow .
I just got so sick of the same old same old . And I'm not into Jazz or fusion or Blues ..So..................

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Newest stuff I've listened to lately:
Jason Isbell - Reunion's, I don't like it near as much as his previous work which has all been brilliant maybe it will grow on me
Mike and the Moonpies - Touch of You. Lost Gary Stewart songs (some are great some should of stayed lost)

haven't listened yet but Lucinda Williams - Good Souls Better Angels and Margo Price - Midwest Farmer's Daughter queued up both should be great if you like that alt country genre (whatever ya want to call it)

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Shiner and Hum both put out new albums I’ve been digging a lot.