Sending another out to Heather in Simi Valley....

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not the first time I've done it, but I need to get some "crash-appeal" from a 20" pre-serial 602 ride that I recently purchased. My go-to in the past has been Heather Stine out in Simi Valley, CA. She's a protégé of cymbalsmith, Matt Bettis and she's reworked a couple for me with fantastic results. I sent her a 20" Zildjian K Heavy ride (well over 2.7Kgms) that wasn't doing it for me. I had her shave it down to a slim 1871gm and pound a little more personality into it. To this day I vow this cymbal will be put in my coffin when I go. For the 602 I'm only going to have her lathe the underside down from 2407 to about 2200 - 2100 and leave the top as is. Hopefully with a little less weight, I can get a fuller more pleasing crash from it.

Last edited:

Pimp-a-diddle

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cymbal customization? I like it! I knew about repairs, but I had no idea there were people who would help you fine tune a cymbal to try and get specific sound and response. That's awesome! Between this and custom sticks, it's a great time to be a drummer!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have a 20 Sabian ride she modded.....it doesn't get played much as I have many other rides. I could be convinced to sell it.....

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
She's done too for me...tempted to send her an SR2 i got in a trade that's just not musical.
She also does some patina work that's true art work.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I agree her patina work is lovely with the designs. The one I got was just a HH ride that she modded with some hammering and I think she lathed it to make it thinner.

Actually, Matt B. lathed it and Heather then hammered it......

Last edited:

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had Heather lathe and hammer this cymbal, a 70 's hollow ink 20" Zildjian Avedis. It weighed 2770 grams and when she was done it weighed 2050g and had this deer skull patina done from artwork I sent her.

P2040185.JPG P2040184.JPG P4110001.JPG

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good news... Finally sent the 602 out to Heather Stine in Simi Valley. The bad news, she is now recovering from surgery on her hand. Get well soon Heather and heal up! No rush at all!

Ely

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not the first time I've done it, but I need to get some "crash-appeal" from a 20" pre-serial 602 ride that I recently purchased. My go-to in the past has been Heather Stine out in Simi Valley, CA. She's a protégé of cymbalsmith, Matt Bettis and she's reworked a couple for me with fantastic results. I sent her a 20" Zildjian K Heavy ride (well over 2.7Kgms) that wasn't doing it for me. I had her shave it down to a slim 1871gm and pound a little more personality into it. To this day I vow this cymbal will be put in my coffin when I go. For the 602 I'm only going to have her lathe the underside down from 2407 to about 2200 - 2100 and leave the top as is. Hopefully with a little less weight, I can get a fuller more pleasing crash from it.
Is this the 602 you got from me? If so, I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out!

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good news... Finally sent the 602 out to Heather Stine in Simi Valley. The bad news, she is now recovering from surgery on her hand. Get well soon Heather and heal up! No rush at all!
Do you know when she'll be back up to speed ? Get well soon of course.

Latest posts