Sending money from the US to Canada

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don’t see a section for off topic discussions, so I will post here.

So if I want to send money to Canada from the US and Paypal is not an option, how else can I send the money?
I can send a money order via mail but if it gets lost, there is a 30-day investigation in order to replace the money order or I’ll lose the money.

Any input is appreciated!

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I get wire transfers from customers every now and again from US if Paypal or credit card are not options.

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I get wire transfers from customers every now and again from US if Paypal or credit card are not options.
Do all banks in Canada accept wire transfers from US banks? May I know which bank you are using and what bank account info from you is required for the money sender to complete the transfer? Just the bank account number would do it?

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Do all banks in Canada accept wire transfers from US banks? May I know which bank you are using and what bank account info from you is required for the money sender to complete the transfer? Just the bank account number would do it?
You can get wire transfers from anywhere . I send wire transfers to Italy for DS drums.
Couple of information will be needed.In addition to the account number there is a Swift number and an IBAN number. The easiest way to do this is the person who is going to receive the money goes to their bank and ask for what is needed to receive a wire transfer from US. And he gives you that info and with that info you go to your bank. Wire transfers are cheap and safe. I use CIBC bank but every bank will accept wire transfers from any bank in the US.

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You can get wire transfers from anywhere . I send wire transfers to Italy for DS drums.
Couple of information will be needed.In addition to the account number there is a Swift number and an IBAN number. The easiest way to do this is the person who is going to receive the money goes to their bank and ask for what is needed to receive a wire transfer from US. And he gives you that info and with that info you go to your bank. Wire transfers are cheap and safe. I use CIBC bank but every bank will accept wire transfers from any bank in the US.
Awesome, thanks for the great info.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How is PayPal not an option? It’s accepted all over the Globe.