header.nohb.html

Sequence Setup - Suggestions Requested

Demonslayer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
1659965713372.png

Looking for something sturdy to place these during a set. Ideally it would be adjustable. I think a student music stand would work, but it would be a bit unwieldy and bulky. Accepting suggestions.

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've been using the Ahead accessory tray for my p/a mixer on gigs for several months. At 10"x10", it's a little bigger than the Gator, and like the Gator, you want a good stable stand. I'm hanging it on a tripod mic stand. The female singer in my rock band liked mine so much she got one she uses for her laptop.

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using the Ahead accessory tray for my p/a mixer on gigs for several months. At 10"x10", it's a little bigger than the Gator, and like the Gator, you want a good stable stand. I'm hanging it on a tripod mic stand. The female singer in my rock band liked mine so much she got one she uses for her laptop.
Actually realized that's the small (9x9) Gator shelf -- I actually have the large one (15"x11"): https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Frameworks-Microphone-Capacity-GFW-SHELF1115/dp/B07HM8PQSQ/

Demonslayer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
@bpaluzzi / @paul

Both look great, but the clamping mechanism looks weak to me. Maybe I'm not giving it a chance? How have they held up during actual performance? I'm not Morgan Rosa, but my gigs are usually high energy:

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Ahead has been very stable. Its clamp actually holds quite securely. I use it for a small p/a mixer/amp, and my singer uses it to hold her laptop. Neither of us has had a problem.

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@bpaluzzi / @paul

Both look great, but the clamping mechanism looks weak to me. Maybe I'm not giving it a chance? How have they held up during actual performance? I'm not Morgan Rosa, but my gigs are usually high energy:

Like Paul, I also haven't had any problems with mine -- have used the Gator to clamp on to drum hardware and speaker stands (some of the other stands don't fit the wider speaker stand poles), holding small analog mixers, wireless routers, wireless mic receivers, as well as hand percussion (shakers, claves, etc.)

I've also used the Rhythm Tech mountable gig tray (https://www.rhythmtech.com/product/mountable-gig-tray/). It's a bit more robustly built, but significantly smaller (and doesn't fit on the big speaker stand pipe)

Ransan

Reaction score
Id recommend an auxiliary percussion tray or a holder of some sort.

Saying that, here’s what I use to hold my mobile device, it can hold my Microsoft Surface with ease.

I have it attached to my hi hat stand.

7A3F0FE3-DC4F-431A-B3BC-3822B6D4C3E9.jpeg
C8307176-93B5-4444-87AF-D2B89B4B4D71.jpeg