Set up in the park and vibe a little

& You Dont Stop

Drumming Since '85
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a rare 70-degree day last week so I set up in a park downtown and played for around 45 minutes. The owner of a local arts publication came out from his office and shot some video. This was the first 'public performance' of my recently acquired vintage Slingerland kit. Imma guessin' you have to have a facebook account to watch this video.

& You Dont Stop

Drumming Since '85
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I live in a very small house with my wife and son, any playing inside is bound to bother someone. This is probably the 10th time over the past year I've set up in a public space and just vibed. 90% of the time it's been welcomed and encouraged

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very cool, nice playing. Love the bass drum sound
What hi hat and BD pedals you using there?

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I live in a very small house with my wife and son, any playing inside is bound to bother someone. This is probably the 10th time over the past year I've set up in a public space and just vibed. 90% of the time it's been welcomed and encouraged
Tell us about the 10% it's not welcomed, lol

& You Dont Stop

Drumming Since '85
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell us about the 10% it's not welcomed, lol
Maybe 6 months ago I was invited by a downtown restaurant to set up and play across the street from their outside dining area. I was maybe 15 minutes into playing when a 20-something woman walked up to me with a very unhappy, almost on the verge of tears, look on her face. I stopped playing when I realized that perhaps I was her problem. I asked if everything was okay. She told me that she lived in a nearby building and she works nights, and she had been asleep only a little while when I woke her up. The fact that she kept her window open to keep cool didn't help matters.

I apologized and told her I 'respect that' because I too knew what it's like to have an abnormal work/sleep schedule. packed up my schtuff and found a different place to play

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe 6 months ago I was invited by a downtown restaurant to set up and play across the street from their outside dining area. I was maybe 15 minutes into playing when a 20-something woman walked up to me with a very unhappy, almost on the verge of tears, look on her face. I stopped playing when I realized that perhaps I was her problem. I asked if everything was okay. She told me that she lived in a nearby building and she works nights, and she had been asleep only a little while when I woke her up. The fact that she kept her window open to keep cool didn't help matters.

I apologized and told her I 'respect that' because I too knew what it's like to have an abnormal work/sleep schedule. packed up my schtuff and found a different place to play
You did the right thing there, Ambassador of Groove.