Sets of Cases or Bags?

Neal Pert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey, folks,

I need to get 13/16/22 standard sized cases and I'm wondering if any of the companies or stores sell such things as a package deal. I'm open to Protection Racket, H&B, and maybe others.

Ptrick

Reaction score
Not anything out there I can find with just those sizes. There are packs that include a 12 bag and sometimes a snare bag as well. Priced out, it’s still more cost effective buying the pack and using the extra bag elsewhere.

The few I found:

A little more expensive, but really great quality. I bought a single 16x16 when it was available from these guys and was very impressed.

The galaxy’s are very close to the old tuxedo’s I’ve had for 30 yrs.
—————————————-
These gators are the best bang for buck, comes with snare bag too. It’s basically $5 more for the pack than just the 13/16/22 if bought separately.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Too bad you didn't see those new Road Runner 12,13,16,22+6.5x14" bag sets that were being blown out on ebay last winter for 65 shipped . I got a set and they've been ideal.
Lots of good bag deals come around often, you'll find some.

Neal Pert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And in particular, thanks for the research, Ptrick. I'm really hoping to get some stuff with standard depths (14x22, 16x16, 9x13) if I can because I don't really like having the extra length. But maybe I'll go with something like this if I dont' find a better option.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
One thing to be aware of with economy-level bags can be the zipper-pulls.
For example, I've purchased sets of SKB and Beato-3.
The Bags themselves were fine, ample padding, tough exteriors, plush interiors, good straps & handles but (to save on manufacturing cost) they'll install some cheap pot-metal zipper-pulls that will literally crumble to pieces after a month or two.
Had that happen with bags from SKB and Beato3 twice now and it's a real pisser at 2am (or any time) when you're packing to leave the venue.

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I bought the Ahead Armor drum bags for my Gretsch USA Customs and Ludwig Classic maples and have been very pleased with them. Both of my sets are standard depths and I was able to find the correct sizes on Ebay. Had to buy each on individually but they were still very reasonably priced. I think I bought mine when Ebay was running those 10-15% off codes so that made it even cheaper.

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I doubt they are offered in sets but the Ahead cases are very ergonomic and sturdily built. They are a pleasure to use if you can say that about a case.

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks! And in particular, thanks for the research, Ptrick. I'm really hoping to get some stuff with standard depths (14x22, 16x16, 9x13) if I can because I don't really like having the extra length. But maybe I'll go with something like this if I dont' find a better option.
Howdy Mark

All soft cases...I have a Beato 22x(not sure) that doesn’t have the top pocket on it for spare head, a Beato 13x12 or Gator 13x11, and a Beato 16x16 I will give to you if you pay shipping. Lmk. I can get pics if you’d like.

Neal Pert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy Mark

All soft cases...I have a Beato 22x(not sure) that doesn’t have the top pocket on it for spare head, a Beato 13x12 or Gator 13x11, and a Beato 16x16 I will give to you if you pay shipping. Lmk. I can get pics if you’d like.
Wow, that'd be amazing! Thanks a million! Should I send you a PM?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I doubt they are offered in sets but the Ahead cases are very ergonomic and sturdily built. They are a pleasure to use if you can say that about a case.
Another Ahead covert. IMHO, the best soft bag you can get considering fit and quality. Sure, Beato Ones are more stout but for me, very snug fit. Too much for me.

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sure, Beato Ones are more stout but for me, very snug fit. Too much for me.
Interesting, I haven't had that experience at all with Beato Pro 1's. Although actually I ended up with a 24x14" bag I use mostly for a 22x14, but my 16x16" floors all fit just right into my 16x16" Beato Pro 1 for example.