header.nohb.html

She's Back Home

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Somewhere around six months ago I sold a cymbal to a local forum member. It was a Sabian 22" HH Manhattan Ride. Couple of days ago I got to thinking that I would like to get it back and pair it with my other 22” Manhattan. Contacted him and he said he loved it, but would only sell it to me so today I picked it up and she is back home with her sibling. Man-O-Man do they ever sound good together. Anyone else rebought something they sold and regretted it?

CC Cirillo

DFO Master
Reaction score
When I read your thread title I had images of a wayward Bluetick Coonhound coming home.

But I’m glad to hear about you getting that ride back.

I’ve never rebought. It’s not in my nature. I find that if ample time goes by and I’m not using something, I’m usually able to let it go forever.

It sounds like this particular Manhattan had something special, and glad to hear it is back on your ride stand.

This song goes out to you, LR:

jb111

Reaction score
Interestingly, I had a 22" HH Jazz Ride (pre-Manhattan) that I got for 75 bucks in the early 90s. It had a slight wave in one spot, not a big deal. It sounded and felt really great. It was my main ride cymbal for years. Didn't know how good I had it with that one, got a wild hair, and sold that along with an 18 HH Sound Control Crash Ride that I also loved. C'est la vie.

Jdtdrums

Reaction score
I just got back my 6.5x14 brass free floater after selling it due to extra bills at the time. I contacted the buyer yesterday and he agreed to what he paid for the drum. Its a great feeling. I’ve been searching for a drum but dealing with people who don’t respond/take off ads when sold plus some being out of my price range, made it stressful. I had sold some other things to fund this purchase and I thought it won’t hurt to ask. So I did and here we are!

Josh Vibert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I tried to buy back an early DW Collectors Exotic snare that was still in mint condition that I sold a couple years ago on Reverb. The guy wouldn't let it go. I ended up with an LM400 from a member here instead and love it, so maybe that one worked out.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one of these stories except in Reverse. I bought a set of EAK hats from a guy about 10 years ago. He said they were his first hats, Dad took him to Manny's to buy them. I remember this day vividly because we got along great and I even bought a 14x14 Rogers floor tom in Red Onyx the same day from him. Fast forward to a few weeks ago I get into a conversation with some guys I know on an EAK group on FB. A guy chimes in and says he has the 14" EAK hats I'm looking for etc... I contact him and over the course of a few days we settle on a swap plus 75 bucks cash for his 14's. As soon as I met him in the parking lot I had a feeling we'd met before ....so I asked shim of he lives in xxx and was his eBay name xxxx and he says Yes! I thought you looked familiar as well! I said well then, these are YOUR hats that you told me the story about going to Manny's with your Dad. He was ecstatic to have them back to say the least! And it made me feel good as well....that they were where the belonged ..