header.nohb.html

Shipping a 4 piece

Bobby

Reaction score
Typically all the drum kits I've shipped were 3 drums in 2 boxes. Bass and small tom in a large box, floor tom in a box by itself. I have a 4 piece to ship, same config plus a snare. What do you guys do in that case. I would like to ship in 2 boxes. Its a 20, 12, 14 and a 5x14. Would you put the snare and small tom in the bass drum? Or a taller box for the floor tom and snare? Thoughts?

TSellers

Reaction score
I ship a 4 piece in 3 boxes, but I'm not big on nesting drums for shipment. I put the rack tom inside the kick and ship the floor tom and snare in separate boxes. I've been using UPS and cost for a kit insured for around $2K-$3K in the lower 48 seems to be around $240.

I'm always interested in hearing shipping experiences.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSellers said:
I ship a 4 piece in 3 boxes, but I'm not big on nesting drums for shipment. I put the rack tom inside the kick and ship the floor tom and snare in separate boxes. I've been using UPS and cost for a kit insured for around $2K-$3K in the lower 48 seems to be around $240.

I'm always interested in hearing shipping experiences.
How much of that $240 was insurance? You can ship a 20 12 14 and snare for less than $100 via fedex.