Shipping a cymbal

DonS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm shipping a 20" cymbal, it's packed and ready to go. Which would you recommend; USPS or UPS Ground? Or other?
Thanks
Regards
DonS

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
USPS is cheaper up to a certain weight so it depends on how heavy your package is after it's all boxed up. Around and above the 20 lb or so mark, UPS is cheaper.

VintageDrummer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Any of them will be fine as long as the cymbal has plenty of padding around the edges. I usually make at least an inch or two of extra padding between the edge and the box side. I think the concern with certain shippers is with heavier yet fragile items. Ups lady once told me that she was putting it on a conveyor belt and which drops it onto a loading bay about ten feet down. Ouch.

Slippy

a.k.a "slow feet"
Reaction score
i double box my cymbals, i use a pizza box style for the inside and then a regular box for the outside.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
DonS said:
I'm shipping a 20" cymbal, it's packed and ready to go. Which would you recommend; USPS or UPS Ground? Or other?
Thanks
Regards
DonS
Something to keep in mind - ALL of the private carriers use the USPS to one extent or the other.
My sister's been with the post office for about 30 years now and she always sees those guys dropping packages off, when she goes to the big routing station in Seattle.

Elvis

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I use usps to ship all of my cymbals. no problems..

mike

bcarey13

Team Bonham
Reaction score
I use Fedex and they have been good...I have a buddy who uses USPS almost all the time. His theory is he gets less damaged packages because he says Postal workers are older, and can't throw the boxes as far.....lol