header.nohb.html

Shipping Boxes

Bobby

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good source for shipping boxes for drums? I'm mainly interested in a box for a 20" bass drum (with a tom nested inside). I've always shipped drums in boxes I had from drum shipped to me. I dont have anymore. Where do you guys go? Mailboxes Etc, UPS Store?

Capt Wierd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Try, Lowe's or Home Depot, go around the back of the store and you'll find a cardboard bin, usually. The best thing with appliance boxes, they are made heavy duty and free. I'm always scouting for boxes, it's been over a year since my last large shipment from the U.K., so I'm down in inventory myself. I was at a company in Milwaukee recently and found 2 triple ply boxes, 3 foot cubes, like brand new and in the trash pile, slit, slit with the ol' utility knife and they folded flat and away they went on top of the load. I also collect wooden crates, very very handy if shipping freight by truck but alot of warehouse space is required for that.

Bobby

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Lotta good ideas here. And I just noticed I posted this in Vintage...i have no idea why..lol...I'm kinda vintage..does that count?