Short rant

Downbeat

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I recently purchased a WFLIII Generations Mahogany 6.5x14 snare drum with the Trick GS007 3 position throw-off.
I absolutely love this drum, it looks and sounds fantastic. The problem I have is with the GS007. The throw-off and butt side clamping plates are both unfinished metal. It sticks out to me like a sore thumb. I'm also sure I'm probably the only person who'll ever notice it, but it bugs me.
Thanks for listening, I'm out.
20210727_201702.jpg

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Use grosgrain ribbon instead of cord. The excess will make it nearly invisible

sternerp

Reaction score
I think that your drum looks stunning, and the satin finish of the throw off and butt plate look rich, while giving the WFL lugs the spotlight they deserve.

Downbeat

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that your drum looks stunning, and the satin finish of the throw off and butt plate look rich, while giving the WFL lugs the spotlight they deserve.
The throw-off and butt are chrome, it's just the clamping plates that are unfinished.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Like butter.
I love this drum. It's perfect for what I play, (roots, americana). I'd been wanting to replicate the early 50's WFL 6.5x14 that I sold long ago and this is the closest thing I've found.
Thats what i love about old mahogany ie the good stuff,those snares sounded thick,smokey like bbq sauce.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a beautiful finish! I don't know anything about the snare itself, but if it sound half as good as it looks, it would still sound killer!
If you ever get around to making a sound file, I'd love to hear that.