Short tom legs; 16" preferred

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Seems like manufacturers these days feel their floor toms are supposed to be shoulder high (bit of an exaggeration). I'm looking for short legs for my Yamaha toms, though I'm not particular about brand. 16" seems ideal ideal total vertical height; Yamaha legs appear to be 10mm diameter. Shipping cost may be an issue if you are midwest or farther east; I'm in California

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I have some vintage straight legs that are short, but not perfect and shiny if you're looking for that.

If you have long legs at all, couldn't you just hacksaw them down a bit?

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Certainly a hacksaw is an option but one I would rather avoid. I generally prefer to keep original equipment original, but if a reasonable alternative doesn't present, I may yet do that.

Punkrockbeater

Reaction score
Hi thumpers I saw one of your posts you had a Yamaha rock tour custom black sparkle snare for sale just wondering if you still have it cheers

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Punkrockbeater said:
Hi thumpers I saw one of your posts you had a Yamaha rock tour custom black sparkle snare for sale just wondering if you still have it cheers
Better to ask with a private message than derailing an unrelated thread. Thanks.

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
lossforgain said:
Better to ask with a private message than derailing an unrelated thread. Thanks.
Not much of a thread to derail... but good point.