Show me some luds

Drums

Reaction score
And here's the kit I recently got from JP, which is very happy to be mated with the WFL snare from the cocktail kit...

pan60

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
nice i want!
:occasion5:

Sorry to show a crappy photo in a thread meant to show beautiful drums, but here is a crappy photo (only one I have currently) of my cocktail kit, a 1957 WFL Symphonic Super Classic 6.5x14 snare, and a 1960 transition badge 16x24, both in lovely WMP. It was originally fitted with Swiv-O-Matic hardware (how else are you gonna hang a 6.5x14 drum?), and came to me with four original calfskin heads. Not one speck of pitting or rust to be found anywhere. Played this at the Patsy Cline Fan Club annual meeting in Winchester, VA last year. Might have a photo of that somewhere... Pretty embarrassing considering I'm a photographer.

View attachment 101493

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures from an end of year middle school concert I attended this week. The director was retiring after 38 years. His first year as a director was also my first year of band - in 5th grade. The director is a trombonist and drummer whose father and brother both played drums. There were about 22 sets circling the gym, all played during the final number by students, the director and the former principal.

The first picture is the director's father's set. The second in the director's set and the third belongs to the former middle school prinicpal. All are Keystone badge sets.

kookel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ludwig's has become my favorite. Here's my latest addition -- a 6.5 brass-on-brass BB. So good, it's my avatar!

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
...the third belongs to the former middle school prinicpal.
Do you know whether this set's bd had a second tom rail mount added afterwards, or was it factory-installed?...

-elcid
He added the second rail mount in about 1966. He asked his parents for a second mounted tom and they bought a second 13" tom. The original set is 1965, red felt mufflers and the the additional tom is slightly later, with a white felt muffler.

I had a long discussion with him after the concert.

jetstar67

Reaction score
I keep trying to pick a photo to leave a comment, but each of these kits is as stunning as the next! Wow!! Great thread.

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
He added the second rail mount in about 1966. He asked his parents for a second mounted tom and they bought a second 13" tom. The original set is 1965, red felt mufflers and the the additional tom is slightly later, with a white felt muffler.
Ok, thanks for your reply! :icon_smile:

You know, back in the late '60s I bought another rail which was planning to add to my '66 DB bass drum but never installed it. Then in '07 got the bright idea of doing it when I resumed drumming after a very long haitus, but was adviced not to for the sake of keeping the kit in its original vintage form, so it remains stock. Besides, there are many other ways to mount toms added later on now days, so it worked out just fine in accomplishing the intended goal by availing one of them...

-elcid

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Buhkatski

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is mine: toms are '68 white interior keystone badge and the kick is clear interior 1970 B/O badge. I just got a gold sparkle to replace the champagne sparkle tom :D

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
This is mine: toms are '68 white interior keystone badge and the kick is clear interior 1970 B/O badge. I just got a gold sparkle to replace the champagne sparkle tom :D
...what size is the gold sparkle tom? Have a re-wrapped (by Precision Drums) 13" pointy B/O gold sparkle tom available... :idea1:

-elcid

Latest posts