Show me your 18” floor to kick conversions.

johnbeck7799

Reaction score
I notice they just wrapped over the extra holes without filling them. Is that something you talked about with them when planning the project? Any downside to doing it this way? I am at this point in a similar conversion, and was going to giant plushie spend the weekend frigging around with dowel plugs to fill the floor tom bracket holes here, but now you have me thinking of maybe not bothering.
It would just be extra parts and labor. No sonic or visual reason to do it.
At least thats what Precision and I decided.

The thing I love is how solid and sturdy gluing that wood rim in the middle makes it. Plus it gives extra reinforcement for the railmount.

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score

The thing I love is how solid and sturdy gluing that wood rim in the middle makes it. Plus it gives extra reinforcement for the railmount.
Uhm. Ahh. What?

deegeebee

Reaction score

Good insight.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have this WFL mahogany 17 tenor that I have converted to a bass. Its nearly done, just have to decide what color of inlay wrap to use, Since it is a silver that has turned to even ginger/champagne color, I need a complementary color, What do you like, the darker Grey glitter, or the lighter Pewter glitter?
Also, should I stain the hoops an ebony or clear stain the maple
The picture does not capture the color as well as I hoped, it is more champagne with amazing gold sparkles that just flash.

View attachment 447891
think it looks fine as it is colorwise/

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
So I went with the Pewter and it looks good, I also kept the natural maple with just a light cleat stain on the hoops. Here it is.

I think I will post it for sale, but it sounds so good I wont care too much if it does not sell. I have seen in 3 or 4 videos by Carter Mclean that he also has a 17 WFL that he really likes and uses for his jazz posting vids. Its in WMP.
20200728_204718_resized.jpg
20200728_174249_resized.jpg
20200728_204859_resized.jpg

Latest posts