Show off your drum room

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am not sure what the actual DFO rules are about this, but my drum room does not have a drum kit in it. Does have a xylophone, a djembe, a concert snare... and (gasp!) ... A CAJON! Does that count?

(Hope I do not get expelled from DFO forever...)

IMG_20220523_091713.jpg

Last edited:

DBT

Reaction score
I am not sure what the actual DFO rules are about this, but my drum room does not have a drum kit in it. Does a xylophone, a djembe, a concert snare... and a (gasp!) ... CAJON ... count?

(Hope I do not get expelled from DFO forever...)

View attachment 561058
Lengthen the rules and call it what it should be …… a Music Room .

Reaction score
Nice! Can you share some information on those absorption panels?
The Panels you see are strictly to reduce the sound IN the room - not to help soundproof it for people outside the room. The stop the inside sound from bouncing all over your head

The room was way too boomy inside for my own ears. So I ordered these absorption panels which really made a HUGE difference.

They came in 2’x4’ panels and you can glue them to walls or ceilings with most adhesive caulks (check the label as some don’t work well with foam). And you can easily cut them to smaller sizes.

Sorry but I can’t remember the manufacturer. When I built the room I was on line researching construction methods and materials and found a company that sold me the materials and then walked me thru the entire build. They recommended those panels.

The only thing I didn’t buy that they had was their sound studio quality doors / cuz they were too expensive. I instead used two (interior and exterior) solid wood “hotel” doors with sound proofing seals.

I also

Reaction score
The Panels you see are strictly to reduce the sound IN the room - not to help soundproof it for people outside the room. The stop the inside sound from bouncing all over your head

The room was way too boomy inside for my own ears. So I ordered these absorption panels which really made a HUGE difference.

They came in 2’x4’ panels and you can glue them to walls or ceilings with most adhesive caulks (check the label as some don’t work well with foam). And you can easily cut them to smaller sizes.

Sorry but I can’t remember the manufacturer. When I built the room I was on line researching construction methods and materials and found a company that sold me the materials and then walked me thru the entire build. They recommended those panels.

The only thing I didn’t buy that they had was their sound studio quality doors / cuz they were too expensive. I instead used two (interior and exterior) solid wood “hotel” doors with sound proofing seals.

I also
I also didn’t spring for a ventilation system. Very expensive and very likely to allow more sound out. I don’t spend more than 2.5 hours practicing in there at a time and have not had any issues.

marc3k

Reaction score

I also

I see, I need something similar for my room. So these panels are made of foam - they looked like it was some kind of fabric or cotton to me.
I just bought some thick panels made of non-woven fabric.

Reaction score
I see, I need something similar for my room. So these panels are made of foam - they looked like it was some kind of fabric or cotton to me.
I just bought some thick panels made of non-woven fabric.
hope they work well for you. My room is small, and that influenced my decision to go with foam that I could place wherever I wanted and easily glue to the ceiling etc