header.nohb.html

Show us your Copper!!! Lets see your closet copper snare drums, you know you have some! UPDATED TOTALS!

RobbiefromAtlanta

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Fun thread, @Fat Drummer. Thanks!

Blackwood Drum Company copper snare purchased from DFO member @bleen. What a great drum.

View attachment 569628
I remember when I was in the market for a copper snare I seriously thought about that same drum when it was up for sale. I ended up with the copper Acro instead. That Blackwood drum is nice.

Reaction score
Which model is that? I've never seen one like it.

1657215479990.png

52761584-ED9F-4136-8421-1A73D835581C.jpeg

These where made between aprrox 2004 and 2015.

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 2 copper snares inbound, so I'll be back here in a couple of weeks or so with pictures and details :)

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Temple Drums is a custom builder out of Houston, TX. I happened to stumble across them in my search for a seamless copper snare - and after watching a couple of videos of that drum in action, decided to give a call to the owner, Jordan Hatfield. Super passionate about building great drums, and with some unique design approaches (check out the floating snare mount, for instance). After learning about the pricing, which I think is incredibly reasonable given the quality of the build, my buddy and I decided to buy a pair of these drums, identical in every way except for finish, which we plan to A/B and divvy up this weekend. Having played on them a bit independently, I am loving the fullness, openness, and that rich copper tone - and struggling with which I want to keep!

20220722_164708_2.jpg

Last edited:

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were at 93 post in the Copper snare thread, and while not all are actual drum pics, I will be thrilled when we hit 100 as I never saw this topic getting very long legs. Post a few more of your copper snares and I will do a tally on the thread of what we have. Slingerland is winning the solid shell thread while Ludwig is hands down the king of the brass drums. Who will win the copper class?

flippantminister

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oriollo Bakar 70-

img_4841-jpg.492730

(Not my photo, this one is from the previous owner. The drum is at my practice space now, so I can't snap a pic.)

I've had this one for about a year, but haven't had an opportunity to use it with a group until recently. Still experimenting with tuning, and trying to find the sweet spot. Right now I've got it tuned down and dampened a bit, it's awesome- a very powerful sound. I'm planning to use this snare in a session on Tuesday, I'll post the mix if I end up using this drum.

Ransan

Reaction score
I love their arch hoops, I will get the bronze version of it but didn't know the cooper version existed!!!
Thanks Quai!

Other than the Smitty Sig and free floating shells, I don’t think mass produced copper Sensi’s exists.

I reached out to Pearl initially and they said it was the Phosphor bronze model.

I had done my homework and then some, so I wasn’t completely sold on that response.
It has everything to identify ARL arch lugs, SR150 Gladstone throw, Superhoop IIs, even a serial number Pearl tag in the interior.

I reached out a second time and got a response from Ben at Pearl who assuredly said this was a Pearl instrument and is possibly a one off or very limited model - to his knowledge there’s no other.

In the Japanese catalog you can find a copper snare but it has different appointments, even the badge looks foreign in their ad.

By the way here it is next to my PB snare you can easily tell it is different as it’s shiny penny copper, and the sound is on the other end of the spectrum as my PB snare.
47B414D3-813D-4F5D-8699-FAE227B9BE0A.jpeg

Last edited:

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK folks, for our 100th post hear is the tally so far (I did not include catalog photos or the "twins" which are no longer posted so no idea what they were)....

Ludwig - 15
Yamaha - 7
Pearl - 5
Tama - 3
George Way - 3
Joyful Noise - 3
Trick - 3
AK Drums - 2
Oriollo - 2
DW - 2
Temple - 2
Taye - 1
Pork Pie - 1
Latos - 1
World Max - 1
Keplinger - 1
Legend - 1
Millennium - 1
Blackwood - 1
Gretsch - 1
VK - 1
Q Drums - 1
Ebenor - 1
GAM - 1
========

Looks like it's the same as it's Brass dominance, Ludwig is leading the way by far. Will update again at post #200! Keep those cards and letters... and copper snares coming!

Last edited: